In maths today, children learnt about the distributive law. They used their known facts to work out tricky multiplication calculations. They were able to multiply one digit numbers by teen numbers using the distributive law!
Here is the link for the Spanish song that the children began learning in Spanish this week:
Well done for finding our homework blog!! Here are the questions you need to answer in full sentences:
1. Where did Varjack and his family live?
2. What relation to Varjack was Elder Paw?
3. How do you think Varjack felt when the tall man and other cats appeared? Explain your answer.
4. In what ways is Varjack different to his family?
5. How would you describe the Father’s personality?
6. Why did Varjack want to escape to the garden?
7. Why do you think the tall man gave the cats a toy mouse?
8. Make a prediction of what you think will happen next?
To carry on from our work that we have been doing in maths this week, today we were looking at rounding to the nearest multiple of 1000. We were able to use our knowledge gained of of how to round to the nearest 10 and 100 to understand how to round to the nearest 1000. We needed to remember to look at the digit in the hundreds column to determine whether to round up or down. A golden rule we needed to recall was if the digit was 1,2,3,4 we round down whereas if the digit is 5,6,7,8 or 9 we needed to round up. We also used bead strings to help us work out where the number would be on a numberline.