Keep your details private
Never use your last name on your page
Don’t give or post your home email, home address, telephone or mobile number to anyone.
Keep your passwords safe. Don’t give them to anyone. If you think someone else knows it, tell your teacher immediately.
You may not log in using anyone else’s user name or password.
Ask permission before you write about anyone.
Only put links that the school has approved of on your weblog.
You may not post anything that is rude or insulting to others.
Remember, even if you post from home, the schools internet rules still apply.
It is against the law to copy other peoples work and post it on your blog as if it was your own. You may post quotes from people as long as you tell your readers who said it.
You may not upload your favourite music onto your blog.
What happens if you break the rules?
Every blog is monitored by your teacher and by moderators. If someone breaks a rule the following may happen:
- You may be asked to put it right
- Your parents may be informed
- You will be warned about your future behaviour
- Your blog/password may be temporarily suspended, or even deleted
- Anyone who keeps breaking the rules will no longer be allowed to blog